Crook & the Bluff embark on yet another journey, chasing the shadows of summer's twilight across the American West.
Shifting Shadows Tour
As the daylight slips shorter, and the dog days creep to their end, psychedelic rockers Crook & the Bluff embark on yet another journey, traversing the American West. Chasing the shifting shadows of summer’s twilight across Utah, Arizona, Wyoming, Montana, Nevada, and California, the Bluff brings with them an armory of equipment, an arsenal of songs, and an unholy joining of western psychedelia and dirty, desert blues that can only be fully experienced live.
Crook & the Bluff are pairing this Shifting Shadows Tour with the release of a new single, “Devilish Deeds”. A blend of blues, western, rock, and psychedelia, this piece evokes images of a dark western film, complete with heroes and villains, love and loss. “Devilish Deeds” will be available as a free download throughout September, available exclusively at crookandthebluff.com/devilish-deeds.
Awe-inspiring landscapes, towering, monolithic formations, a powerful, indomitable spirit, an unpredictable and mysterious character. All of these elements, characteristics of the American West, are ever-present in the music of Crook & the Bluff. Known for their dynamic performances and commanding aura, the Bluff is mysterious and unpredictable, as unforgiving as the desert itself, capable of transitioning from an eerie, ghostly calm to a fiery, fever-inducing storm in an instant. Equal parts musicians and mad-scientists, the band employs an array of amplifiers, instruments, and electronic effects to create unique and mesmerizing sounds, leading many fans to describe them as “the Pink Floyd of the American West”.
- Thursday, August 24th — Urban Lounge (Salt Lake City, UT)
- Friday, August 25th — Buckskin Tavern (Fredonia, AZ)
- Saturday, August 26th — Defa’s Dude Ranch (Hanna, UT)
- Thursday, August 31st — Lighthouse Lounge (Ogden, UT)
- Friday, September 1st — ABG’s (Provo, UT)
- Thursday, September 7th — Lander Bar (Lander, WY)
- Friday, September 8th — Lander Bar (Lander, WY)
- Saturday, September 9th — The Rustic Hut (Florence, MT)
- Sunday, September 10th — D’Railed (Idaho Falls, ID)
- Thursday, September 14th — The Saint (Reno, NV)
- Saturday, September 16th — The Frog & Peach (San Luis Obispo, CA)
- Friday, September 22nd — The Cabin (Park City, UT)
- Saturday, September 23rd — The Hog Wallow (Cottonwood Heights, UT)
- Saturday, September 30th — The Ice Haüs (Murray, UT)
- Friday, October 6th — The Garage on Beck (North Salt Lake, UT)
- Saturday, October 7th — Johnny’s on Second (Salt Lake City, UT)